Monday 28 March 2011

Edited Page Layouts

I had a very helpful tutorial last week, lots of constructive criticism which is good I think. I have a lot to do to make my pages better and they have changed quite a bit since the last post. The main feedback I got was:

The borders aren't necessary, use of colourisation needs to be better (ie. I had lots of clashing colours!), make more use of white space, find fresh fonts, move some of the page titles around to mix it up a bit.  It is amazing what another pair of eyes can tell you!

Other suggestions included: Making the owl smaller on the bird wordsearch page, giving the child more space to draw. Using the butterflies and caterpillars across a double page, and using the green panel with butterflies on, on a separate page.

I have also changed the page size so it isn't A4 as I thought it would make it more bespoke.

And after taking all the advice on board, here is what I have come up with . . .






No comments:

Post a Comment